Tuesday, October 7, 2014

KEEP ME SAFE by Maya Banks - Review

HOLY $#!*, OMG and WTF???  That about sums up my thoughts on Maya Banks’ new novel, Keep Me Safe: A Slow Burn Novel (Slow Burn Novels) that was released today.  I love all of her books but this one blew me away!  It was like none other I have ever read.  I’m kind of a creature of habit, always wanting the same thing.  The same romance story that I can predict, (which I still enjoy), the same type of plot and conflict and finally a similar expected resolution.  I am comfortable with those stories and I rarely read anything out of my preferred genre.  However, I’m thankful I took a chance on this and stepped outside my romantic, “Happily Ever After” comfort zone.  But don’t worry, this is a still a contemporary romance novel, it just has a whole lot more. There’s mystery, suspense, and action all wrapped up a perfect alpha male love story!

Synopsis: (This is will be brief so I don’t give anything away)

Ramie St. Claire is a young woman with psychic abilities.  She uses her “gift “ to help find victims of horrific crimes.  Caleb Devereaux’s sister has been abducted and he believes only Ramie can help.  Once, Caleb finds her and forces her to help him, he feels he's indebted to her, especially after what he witnessed.  Once Ramie has a connection to the victim, she then experiences the same torture and pain the victim endures. 

A year later Ramie continues to suffer and is stalked and tormented by a serial killer who was responsible for many of the crimes where she helped located the victims.  He has one goal, to capture Ramie and torture her until she begs for death.  Desperate, she turns to Caleb for help. 

The problem I had with this story is that I couldn’t read it fast enough.  I caught myself more than once reading too quickly and skimming the pages to find out what was happening.  I had to force myself and go back and re-read.  I’m glad I did, because I almost missed some really important details!!!

In true Maya Banks writing form, she leaves me wondering how the story can possibly wrap up when there is only a few pages left,  but she does it again and I finished with a sigh and a satisfied grin. :)

Oh and I forgot to mention, this is still the steamy story that we all come to expect form Maya Banks. ;) And this book one of a series! YAY!  I can't wait for In His Keeping: A Slow Burn Novel (Slow Burn Novels) which comes out in January!!

My Rating:
4.5 Book Boyfriends
 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment