Sunday, December 30, 2012

Review - Wallbanger by Alice Clayton.


Wallbanger

At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like this book. It did have its funny moments. The characters were very likable, especially, Clive the cat. He was definitely my favorite. But in the beginning I just wasn't so sure the book was going to keep my interest. However, about 30 percent in I was hooked. The banter between Caroline and Simon was hilarious. The texts between all the characters had me laughing out loud! And of course Clive and his antics! Once Clive peed on Simon's sweatshirt I knew this book would be one of favorites. I fell in love... with Clive of course! Oh and Simon the hot photographer wasn't so bad himself.

I really liked the heroine, Caroline. She was strong, successful, self sufficient and didn't need a man to make her feel complete. But something important was missing in her life and maybe a man could help her find it again.

Simon and Caroline start out as neighbors, develop to friends and then sexual tension takes over and... I'm sure you can figure out what happens next.

Of course the two didn't meet, instantly have amazing chemisrty and fall in love. No, Caroline pretty much hated him! A shared bedroom wall, that's extremely thin, and a man with a harem of ladies that he entertained nightly would be enough to make anyone a little angry. You don't mess with a women and her sleep! I didn't have insta love for Simon either. He had to earn it! And boy did he!

Caroline and Simon don't just have an apartment building in common, they have friends in common too, forcing them into social situations.  Simon and Caroline's friendship starts to develop and they even work together to straighten out a little mistake in their best friends romantic relationships.

This book was a nice break from all the dark and emotional stories that I have been reading lately. I'll be sure to pull this one out the next time I need a little comic relief to brighten my mood!

My rating 4 stars







No comments:

Post a Comment