Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Troubles and Treats by Tara Sivec - Review

In anticipation of the third book of the chocolate lover series, Troubles and Treats (Chocolate Lovers #3), I re read the first two books, Seduction and Snacks (Chocolate Lovers #1)and Futures and Frosting (Chocolate Lovers #2).  I must say they were even funnier than the first time I read them. Once the third book was released I immediately dove right in.  All three books were the perfect cure for my reading slump that I was in after The Sea of Tranquility.

I seriously have a girl crush on the author, Tara Sivec.  She can make me laugh like no other!  All three of her books have me laughing out loud, swooning and (more often than not) blushing!!  I will warn you, if you get offended easily by off the wall sexual situations, obscene language, or the word "spoop", this book is not for you!  Actually, maybe you should read it and live a little!! ;)

The characters are based on her friends and family and I would do anything to meet that crazy group and hang out with them for a night!  Tara, call me!! :)

The third installment is focused on Drew and Jenny.  The outrageously kinky couple, that has no shame when it comes to their romantic escapades, is having trouble reconnecting after the birth of their second child. With the help from their best friends, they have a hilarious journey trying to get their groove back.  Seriously, I will never look at skittles the same way again!

I fell in love with Drew and Jenny in the first book. With Drew's inappropriate but amusing t-shirts and Jenny's misuse of the English language, they have me once again holding back my laughter while my husband sleeps.  It wasn't easy to read while he was awake either, he would constantly ask me what was so funny or grab my iPad out of my hand to read what had me in hysterics.  Geez!  He could just download his own copy!

I am sad that the series is over but happy with the way it concluded.  Tara's next book, A Beautiful Lie,  is a romantic suspense story that is due out early next year!  An excerpt is available at the end of Troubles and Treats.  I can't wait!!

My ratings:

Seduction and Snacks 5 stars
Futures and Frosting 4.5 stars
Troubles and Treats 4.5 stars

                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment