Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A Beautiful Lie by T.E. Sivec - Review

I know that I had planned on re reading some books to write  more in depth reviews.  And I had a  lengthy TBR  to follow… But when there is a book dangling in front of me that screams "READ ME NOW!", I have to do what it says, right?   A Beautiful Lie (Playing with Fire, #1)  was one of those books and I am so glad I put everything else aside. 

I had a difficult time in the beginning getting used to the story written in the third person's point of view.   The majority of the books I read are told in the first person's POV and it took awhile to adapt.  As the story progressed,  I realized it couldn't be written any other way to tell the story with the right amount of detail and without getting repetitive.   

Speaking of details!  My thoughts kept interrupting the flow of the story because I was thinking how much research this must have taken, and if the author knew people in the military and CIA.   Or was this personal experience??  Ahhhh, my brain couldn't handle all that!   I had to force myself to push my curiosities and thoughts of secret agent scenarios aside and enjoy the story.  

There were so many twists and turns that kept me from putting the book down.   I stayed up into the early hours of the morning waiting for a stopping point but there wasn't one.  I had to see how it ended!  My dark circles and zombie like appearance was well worth it! ;)

 I was worried since it was part of a series it would end with a cliff hanger.  It did say it was a  romantic suspense story!  Was that the suspense?  Waiting for the next book to be released ?????   Whew,  thankfully it ended like a stand alone and still made me curious to see what she has up her sleeve for the next one.   I wonder if it will focus some of the supporting characters and what crazy situations they get into.  I can't wait to find out!
  
Oh, I forgot to mention the romantic scenes were HOT!!!!!   I have been reading a lot of YA  lately and forgot how sexy and steamy adult contemporary can be!   Tara knows how to write contemporary romance!!!

My Rating
5 Stars





No comments:

Post a Comment