Saturday, October 26, 2013

Theirs to Keep By Maya Banks - Review

I should have known by the title what I was in for with Maya Banks' newest book, Theirs to Keep (Tangled Hearts Trilogy).   But no, it didn't register and I was beyond shocked!  It's a bit out of my comfort zone but intriguing nonetheless.

If I had to describe this book in one word it would be, interesting.   The plot was interesting.  The THREE main character's relationship was um.... Interesting.  And their romantic relationship was very INTERESTING!!  I may have blushed more than a few times as the story progressed.

I have read several books by Maya Banks and they all have been very hot with many passionate and sexy scenes.  This one took a bit of a different approach and developed the characters and the main plot before diving into the steamy parts.  Even though there were only a few, they were very hot!!!

The story begins with Merrick and Cade, best friends and business partners of a security company,  who find a frightened and severely beaten Elle after she breaks into their client's gun shop.  Elle remembers nothing about her past, who she is or why someone tried to kill her.

Once Merrick and Cade laid eyes on Elle, they have an overwhelming need to protect and care for her. And despite the appearance of the two intimidating men before her, she feels safe with them but struggles with remembering her past.  She is scared to remember all the pain and trauma that she endured, but feels lost not having an identity.

The story continues on a roller coaster of dramatic events while the romantic relationship between the three characters develop. Unlike other books by Maya Banks, this one ends with a bit of a cliffhanger. There is so much more to learn about Elle's past.  The next book in the tangled hearts trilogy continues with her story and introduces a new character.  Do I smell a foursome???  eeek!  I guess I'll have to wait until the next book is released.  And I am looking forward to it!!

My Rating:

3.5 Book Boyfriends













No comments:

Post a Comment