Thursday, October 3, 2013

Want to hear a S.E.C.R.E.T?

So, I will let you in on a little secret.... I just read a fantastic book that was unlike any I have read, SECRET: A Novel by L. Marie Adeline.  It's in the erotica genre that I enjoy, but with a different approach to your typical romance story.  It still has hot and sexy content but with a twist.  There really isn't a book boyfriend to swoon over.  Well, maybe there are few, but I wouldn't exactly call them boyfriends.  ;)  Instead the story leads you on a journey of sexual desires and self discovery.

Cassie, a 35 year old widow, who spends her days waitressing at a cafe and her nights with her cat,  accepted her fate of a lonely life.  Her marriage wasn't the greatest, which soured her to any future relationships.  Not feeling worthy, she turns down any male attention she recieves.  Even when the attraction seems to be mutual.  That is, until a couple that fequents her cafe intrigues her and has her longing for the love and chemistry they seem to share.  

Little did she know that the woman she envies holds the S.E.C.R.E.T to her new life and a whole new world to discover.  

I aboslutley loved this book and embraced its unique story.  For being a true sap and romantic, it didn't bother me that this isn't your typical love story.   It had me intrigued and excited to learn where the story was headed and the final outcome. 

I wasn't sure how to rate this book since I use book boyfriends in my rating system.  Since it doesn't really apply to this story, I decided to use my iPad drawing app and come up with something more relevent.  (please excuse that kindergarten like picture, it's really hard to draw on the iPad!) 

My rating for this book will be charm bracelets.  And if you don't understand why,  I guess you'll have to read the book to find out! 


My Rating:
4 charm bracelets :)






If you can't get enough of SECRET: A Novel the next book in the series SECRET Shared: A SECRET Novel, will be released on October 15th!!

Also check back in a few days.  I will be having a contest for a free copy of S.E.C.R.E.T shared!!




No comments:

Post a Comment