Friday, October 26, 2012

Butterfly Weeds by Laura Miller -Review

So I did it.  I finished Butterfly Weeds and I'm not quite sure if I am ready to talk about it yet!!  But here it goes. It was an absolutely touching love story! And yes there were tears. Lots!! However,  about half way through I had a hard time connecting with the story and the characters like I had in the beginning.  I didn't happen again until the end. I'm not sure if that was due to my reservations about reading it or if I was protecting myself from getting too invested and trying to save myself from heartache.  I was waiting for a bomb to drop and there wasn't one.  I assumed it was going to end a certain way and it didn't.  Maybe I should read it again.  But not anytime soon. I need to read something funny or lighthearted to brighten my mood.  By the end I was such a wreak that I was sobbing with nose blowing ugly tears.  And I went to write my review earlier, I started tearing up again!  This is a fictional story! What's my deal?  I guess it really did get to me!  So overall, I consider this a favorite but I don't think it will be one that I will read over and over again.

My rating 4.5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment