Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Welcome

I must first state that I love the smell and feel of a real book. Turning the physical pages and even watching the book become worn and torn from being well loved makes me smile.  However, buying ebooks is the most econmical (and space saving) way to feed my addiction.  I read roughly 2-3 books a week and when I really fall for a great read I will read it again and again.  My husband is slightly jealous of the attention that I give my iPad and nook, but hey, he has a love affair with his Xbox so we are even.

My intent for this blog is to give reviews and start discussions on any given book.  For my co-workers, who I force my opinions on and make them read every one of my "new favorite" books, I plan to start reading lists and a "my favorite" list, but more on that later.

I have read plenty of books in the past few months but I think I need it to be fresh in my mind to write an accurate review.  So I will start my reviews after I finish the book I am currently reading.  Don't worry you will get reviews on my absolute favorites since I plan to read them a few thousand more times. ;)

If you are wondering where I get most of my suggestions, they are mostly from my mom.  This sometimes disturbs me since the majority of the material I read is very explicit.  Oh well, we are all adults here.

Currently Reading:

The Mighty Storm by Samantha Towle

brief synopsis - two childhood best friends, a music journalist, Trudy and a bad boy rockstar, Jake, reunite after twelve years apart.  Of course Trudy has a "good guy" responsible boyfriend, Will, that she loves.  Can their relationship survive when she is invited to go on tour with Jake?   I can't wait to find out!  Although I am only 20% in and I am already team Jake!!! Stay tuned!


* The book boyfriend book-club blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

1 comment: